- Eye Care
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 10-12-2017
Will Vinegar Really Clean Your Eyeglasses?
If you wear eyeglasses, there is no doubt you’ve dealt with fingerprints, smudges, and all kinds of other gooey stuff that seems to end up right smack dab in the middle of your lenses. There are a variety of different ways to clean your eyeglasses including some old tried and true methods you may recognize but have not determined to be true. One such way is to clean your eyeglasses in Stuart FL with vinegar. Are you wondering if it really works? You may be surprised.
Cleaning Eyeglasses with Vinegar
Yes! Vinegar is a great way to clean your eyeglasses. It is a simple and inexpensive way to keep your spectacles free from smudges, smears, and marks.
- How to Clean Lenses: Simply rub a few drops of vinegar onto each lens of your eyeglasses. Using a soft cloth, wipe lenses dry. It’s really that easy.
- How This Works: Vinegar dissolves the grease and dirt on eyeglass lenses due to the high content of acetic acid in it. The result is a clean, streak-free lens that you can clearly see through.
In addition to working well to provide amazingly clean eyeglass lenses, here some additional reasons you should consider using vinegar to clean your glasses:
Benefits of Using Vinegar to Clean Eyeglass Lenses
- Vinegar will not discolor lenses like many ammonia-based glass cleaners have been known to do
- Vinegar is less expensive than eyeglass cleaner available in stores
- Vinegar is non-toxic and contains no harsh chemicals or smells
- Vinegar is environmentally-friendly
Is it Time for Your Yearly Eye Exam?
Stop by and see Dr. Durante and his team at Cohen's Fashion Optical for all of your eye care needs and to schedule your yearly eye exam. We are ready to serve Jensen Beach, Port St. Lucie, and Stuart, FL residents so give us a call at (772) 217-4575 to make an appointment for new glasses today!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.