- Eye Care
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 08-29-2016
When to See An Optometrist in Stuart
As your Stuart optometrist, Dr. Durante encourages all members of the community to get eye exams on a regular basis. Eye exams help patients maintain good eye health, avoid eye damage and maintain good vision.
Kids Eye Exams
Kids should get eye exams annually starting at age 6 months. Even babies who display no signs of eye problems should see the eye doctor for the first time before reaching one year old. When children reach about five years old, they should see the Stuart optometrist every year before going back to school. The benefits of taking your child to see an eye doctor include:
- Diagnose eye diseases. Some eye diseases can appear in children who are very young. Taking your child to the eye doctor helps ensure that your child will be diagnosed and treated quickly for eye conditions.
- Success in school. Learning and maintaining good grades in school is nearly impossible for children who can't see the board properly. Taking your child to the eye doctor will ensure that your child can see properly in school.
- Ensure proper diagnosis. Because eye diseases can affect a child's ability to succeed in school, some children can develop behavior problems as a result of their academic troubles. This inability to focus or pay attention can sometimes be misdiagnosed as ADHD and related conditions.
Adult Eye Exams
At Dr. Durante's office, we recommend that adults see the eye doctor annually. The benefits of getting your eyes examined every year include:
- Success at work. Inability to see properly can negatively impact your ability to get work done. Having a proper diagnosis and corrective lenses will help ensure good performance in the work place.
- Safe driving. Safe driving depends on clear vision. Getting annual eye exams helps ensure that you can see properly behind the wheel.
Senior Eye Exams
Seniors are at higher risk for many eye conditions like macular degeneration, cataracts and more. We recommend that seniors get an eye exam every six months to a year. The benefits include:
- Catch eye diseases early. Our eye exams help us detect eye diseases before they progress to permanent eye damage.
- Clear vision. Your prescription may change a lot when you're older. Our eye exams will help you stay on top of your vision to help ensure that you can see clearly.
Providing Free Eye Exams in Stuart!
At Dr. Durante's office in Cohen's Fashion Optical, we help patients of all ages to maintain proper vision and good eye health. We believe that annual exams are important for all patients, which is why we offer free eye exams to the public! Whether you're young and going back to school or retired and trying to maintain good vision, we can help. Contact us today to make an appointment for an eye exam in Stuart.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.