- Eye Care
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 08-26-2016
Improve Your Health with Free Eye Exams In Stuart, FL
Even if you think you can see just fine, annual eye exams are an important part of taking care of your overall health. Eyesight often worsens gradually over time, so you may not notice that your vision is no longer as sharp as it once was. Instead, you may get headaches and experience fatigue, have problems concentrating for long periods, or your eyes may appear red much of the time. All of these physical symptoms may be traced to poor vision and correcting your visual problems can bring you welcome relief.
Don’t Believe Your Eyes: Get them Checked Yearly
If you’ve been avoiding eye exams because you're short on time or your insurance plan doesn’t offer coverage, don’t worry. At the offices of Dr. Durante, your eye exam is completely free. Eye exams only take a few minutes of your time and they’re painless. Visiting the eye doctor is crucial to catch any eyesight deficiencies early. Most people are surprised at what they’ve been missing, once eyesight issues like near- or far-sightedness and astigmatism are discovered and corrected.
Children’s Eye Exams In Stuart: Let Them See What They’ve been Missing
Eye exams for kids are crucial because children may not know when their eyesight is impaired. Often, children don't know what normal eyesight is supposed to look like, because they' may never have experienced it. Young kids may think that the world looks a bit “fuzzy” or blurry to everyone. Sometimes, eye problems are only discovered when teachers notice that the child cannot read the chalkboard, or is straining to do so, in their first grade classroom. Don’t let your child struggle with poor eyesight in their early formative years—especially when you can get free eye exams in Stuart.
Stuart Residents Can See The Benefits of an Eye Exam
The eyes are windows to the soul, they say. That's a lovely poetic statement, but the eyes are definitely windows into the state of your health. Advantages of an eye exam include:
- Verifying that your eyes are healthy.
- Checking depth perception, which is important for personal safety and balance when walking, playing your favorite sport or driving a car.
- Testing your color vision, peripheral (side) vision and light sensitivity. Gradual lack of color vision can be a sign of cataracts or other eye problems. Loss of peripheral vision is a sign of glaucoma or other conditions, and you may not notice the problem yourself until it is advanced.
- Learning if your visual acuity is normal or if it needs correction. Visual acuity is the measurement of visual sharpness of clarity--in other words; how well you see.
- Making your life easier and more comfortable with proper eyeglass prescriptions for reading, distance and computer vision, as needed.
Remember, it's easy to get a free eye exam in Stuart! To make your appointment with Dr. Durante at Cohen's Fashion Optical, call us at (772) 692-2020 now.
When was your last eye exam?
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.