- Eye Care
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Dr. Dan Durante, Optometrist, Eyecare Specialist
Doctor Durante has practiced optometry since June of 1980. He has been practicing since 1989 at his Jensen Beach location. During this time, he has had the pleasure of conducting over 150,000 examinations. He has made a significant contribution to the ocular health and well-being of this and every other community where he has had the privilege to practice.
- University of Florida, August 1972 – June 1976
- Bachelor of Science, Microbiology; Graduated with Honors
- Southern Collage of Optometry, August 1976 – June 1980
- Doctor of Optometry
Honors and Achievements
- Beta Sigma Kappa honor student, March 1978
- Students Volunteering Optometric Services to Humanity, June 1978
- Volunteer service in Haiti
Florida State Board of Optometry, September 1980
Mitch Rockwell, General Manager / Board Certified Optician
Mitch Rockwell is the general manager/Board Certified Optician at Cohen’s Optical in Jensen Beach and has been there for the last nine years. He has worked for over a decade in this field and has focused his studies on ocular health, helping him provide the best care possible to patients and customers who receive vision services at Cohen’s Optical.
- Indian River State College 2011-Current: Biology
- Santa Fe College, 1995 – 1998: Political Sciences/Film
Achievements and Certifications
- State of Florida, Board Certified Licensed Dispensing Optician, L.D.O.
- National Academy of Opticianry, Academy Fellow Member, F.N.A.O.
- American Optometric Association, Certified Paraoptometric Assistant, C.P.O.A.
- li>The American Board of Opticianry, Certified Optician, A.B.O.C.
- National Contact Lens Examiners, Certified Contact Lens Technician, N.C.L.E.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Recognition of Creative Scientific Endeavors in Aerospace Research.